The fit and finish on the interior of the Macintosh 47 can only be described as outstanding with solid Teak and Holly cabin soles throughout. The overall effect is one of warmth, quality and style. Ultra Leather white upholstery throughout.
MAIN SALON: Wrap around seating to Port with teak dining table (table removed in storage). Full size navigation station opposite. Lee cloths for salon and forward berths.
GALLEY Full size galley incorporating the walk-through through to the master cabin.
MASTER AFT Large full width centerline Master Cabin with dual hanging lockers and abundant storage. Ensuite head with separate shower stall.
GUEST CABIN Mid Ship Large full width guest cabin amidships. With offset double berth to port and with custom office desk and storage opposite. A very large amount of drawers and storage. Ensuite head with separate shower stall forward. Accessible Chain locker in the shower.
The Macintosh 47 features a large galley which takes full advantage of the walk through. Full headroom, lots of storage and of course befitting a quality blue water cruising yacht a huge refrigerator and separate freezer.
- Pressurized Hot and Cold water system
- 110vt Allcraft stainless steel water heater (engine side disconnected)
- Separate salt and fresh water foot pumps
- Grunert 12vt Holding Fridge/Freezer and separate 110 Volt Fridge Freezer (dual compressors can run off either one. Front and top loading Fridge and Top loading freezer.
- Panasonic 600-watt microwave
- 4 Burner + oven stainless steel gimbaled stove, by Broadwater - 2004
The Macintosh 47 cutter was the result of Herb Gunter former project manager for Hans Christian Yachts and the yacht designer Tim Michael Kings. Although they liked the quality of the Hans Christian they felt the market was ready for a lower maintenance, faster boat. Hence the Macintosh 47 was born. A yacht with fiberglass decks and only a few pieces of Teak in the cockpit for a very low maintenance program.
- Fiberglass hull deck and superstructure
- Aluminum perforated toe rail
- No exterior teak
- Encapsulated lead keel
- Maxwell Nillson 3000 vertical electric anchor windlass
- 6 Lewmar opening deck hatches and 12 opening hull ports
- Goiot companion way self locking hatch
- Reverse transom with molded steps and stainless steel swim ladder
- Offshore liferaft in deck mounted liferaft box aft of helm
- Aft deck fitted sun cushion
- Outboard hoist
- Bimini and custom windshield
- Cockpit cushions
- (2) Solar Ventilators
- Granny Bars either side of the Mast
- 3 bladed Max prop -rebuilt 2016 at PYI
- Fiberglass fuel and water tanks with stainless inspection ports
- Stern rail perch seats.
- 85lb Mantus Anchor with 300 feet of 3/8 inch Chain
- 66lb (30 kilo) Bruce Anchor with 30 feet of chain and approximate 300 feet of nylon rode
- Spare Claw anchor
- Dual bow rollers
COCKPIT AND COMPANIONWAY
The Macintosh 47 Cutter features a spacious center cockpit with high back seats, radius corners and countered seats to insure comfort at sea.
NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT & ELECTRONICS The Macintosh 47? features a full size wrap around navigation station, as one would expect aboard a yacht of this caliber.
- Garmin 5208 plotter and radar at helm
- Garmin 5212 plotter and radar at helm
- AIS receiver for Garmins
- Simrad AP16 Autopilot at helm with Hydraulic Ram at quadrant (2007)
- Simrad AP22 remote display at nav
- IC M5020 VHF Radio at helm with remote mic
- Tacktick Wireless knot, depth wind at helm
- Tacktick wireless knot depth wind repeaters at nav.
- RD-44 stereo at nav
- Digital house and engine battery monitor displays at helm
- C. Plath compass (rebuilt 2019)
- Edson Wheel
- Rondal air foot switches for Rondal hydraulic furling for both head sail and main sail
- Bose Stereo Cockpit Speakers
- Cell phone booster antenna at top of mast.
- TV on main bulkhead
- Teak Cockpit table with teak drink holder
- Celectron Bilge pump activity monitor
The electrical panel and wiring plan on the Macintosh 47 cutter is truly first class and easily accessible.
- 12V DC and 110V AC electrical system
- Link 2000 battery monitor
- 50-amp Marinco shore power connection
- 5-- 8D gel cell House Bank (new 2018) (can be used to start also)
- 3 Group 24 gel (2015) for starter bank for Main and gen.
- Monitors at helm for both banks of batteries
- 8kW Northern lights diesel generator with sound shield 1100 recorded hours. Located in the engine room, the Gen has nice full side access from aft cabin
- 2000-watt Magnum inverter/charger (2015)
- Dual engine Balmar alternators
- Second backup battery charger
- 12vt Fans throughout
- Watermaker-SunPure modular 8GPH 110vt plumbed to aft water tank (new high pressure pump 2018)
SAILS & RIGGING
- Aluminum keel stepped double spreader mast
- New standing rigging with Sta-Loc fittings and Hayne turnbuckles.
- Hydraulic Master furl in mast furling
- Rondal Hydraulic Furling Headsail
- Sailtec Hydraulic Boom vang
- Sailtec Hydraulic spilt backstay tensioners
- Cutter rig with hank on staysail and with quick release
- Recessed Genoa tracks
SAILS Sole Mate features a truly impressive custom high end rig. Which makes short handed sailing a breeze. Need to update age of sails
- Neil Pryde in mast furling mainsail (2007)
- Neil Pryde Furling Genoa (2007)
- Dacron staysail with reef points
- Spare Dacron Genoa
- Asymmetrical spinnaker with sock
- Winches in Cockpit
- (2) Lewmar 66s self tailing Primary Winches
- (2) Lewmar 43s self tailing Secondary Winches
- (1) Lewmar 40 self tailing Halyard Winch
- Perkins 4-236 85HP Diesel Engine (3100 recorded hours)
- 2 units of Marine Air Conditioning (reverse cycle) (Fwd is Dometic 16K BTU new in 2016)
- 3 bilge pumps lowest leve in aft section. Lowest is 1000gph, higher level is 2000 gph, 3rd is 3000 gph.
- One fwd bilge pump
- Bilge pump monitor
- 1 Whale manual bilge pump
Although the boat has had nonstop improvements since the current owner purchased in 2005, the most Recent improvements are:
Navtec manual hydraulic backstay/vang pump rebuilt
C Plath compass Rebuilt
Bottom painted in Marsh Harbour, Bahamas with tin-based Islands 44 paint: Jan 2018.
Watermaker high-pressure pump replaced: 2018
New Revere Commander 4-person Liferaft (due for first inspection in March 2020)
Mast removed, stripped, primed with acid etching primer, and painted with Awl Grip
All shrouds and stays replaced
All turnbuckles replaced
All chain plates removed and inspected.
Backstay chain plates were in good condition, and electroplated and re-bedded.
All other chain plates were fabricated new at the Schaeffer plant.
Shroud chain plate deck openings were improved with elevated foot plates to decrease chance of any water intrusion.
Forward Rondal hydraulic motor was inspected, cleaned and re-installed
In-mast Rondal hydraulic motor was replaced with new motor from Florida hydraulics.
Lifelines replaced with SS uncoated wire.
Anchor windlass was rebuilt.
Anchor chain replaced (300 ft 3/8 all chain rode)
Transmission (Hurth) replaced
Bimini and windshield replaced, as well as windshield cover
Rudder dropped, inspected, and re-set.
New PSS dripless shaft seal. New cutlass bearing
Max prop rebuilt at PYI
Forward reverse-cycle AC/heater was replaced with new Dometic unit (16KBTU)
EXTENSIVE REFIT IN 2016-17 BEFORE LEAVING On their Cruise.
The listing broker has known the owners and the boat since they purchased in 2005. The boat was mainly weekend sailed from 2005 to 2017 before they left for the islands. The owners have always maintained the boat and she is truly ready to go back to sea because she just returned. The boat is being sold very complete. The sellers have left for a Florida and Bahamas Cruise thru the Abacos and Exumas in 2017-18 having done major upgrades before leaving (see list below) and have sailed up the East Coast to Annapolis where she now lies.
One of the last (if not the last) Macintosh 47 built.
The only one with:
- A desk, files, and storage in the forward stateroom.
- The only Macintosh rigged with hydraulic furling (Main and Genoa).
- Removable Cutter inner forestay.
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
SHOWN ONLY BUT APPOINTMENT
Contact the Listing Broker:
Over 36 Years Exclusively in Professional Yacht Sales
Direct Line or Text: 713-817-7216
SKYPE KentLittleYachtBroker (text first)
Florida Licensed for over 24 years #1815
1st Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) in Texas
If you have a quality boat and would like Expert Representation by someone who understands Constant Changing Market Conditions and what it takes to sell your boat as well as someone with a vast knowledge of Yachts in both Power and Sail, Please call or email me for a FREE CONSULTATION to discuss what I can do for you.
Regardless of your boats location, I promise to give you the same expert representation that you see here.
Brokerage commissions are all the same price. It costs you no more to use someone with my experience.
References available on request.